I am divorced, and one of the things I am tremendously grateful for is that my ex-husband and I made a decision to go through mediation. I knew a trial would drag on for years, would cost me everything, but worse, would be devastating for our four small children.
Ian Field, is an Accredited Family Law Specialist and has undertaken the following training:
- Marriage Guidance Queensland – Divorce Mediation Course July 1990
- Advanced Arbitration Training November 2006
- Collaborative Law Workshop July 2007
- Collaborative Law Training Program March and April 2008
- Bond University – Advanced Mediation Course August 2008
- Collaborating Down Under March 2009
- Advanced Collaborative Practice Training March 2009
- Dispute Resolution Training June 2009
- Developing Collaborative Practice June 2010
- Advanced Workshop Collaborative Practice November 2010
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Training August 2011
- Elevating Your Collaborative Practice Skills August 2013
- Collaborative Practice Workshop June 2014
BOOK FAMILY LAWYER
Divorce Process Without Stress.
Divorce Process by Family Law Brisbane
Need help preparing your divorce documentation? We can take your instructions and advise you of the best option in submitting your divorce documentation.
We can take all the stress out of filling in the divorce documents by doing it for you.
Want more detailed information on Divorce Property Settlements?
We can help anyone in regard to applying for a divorce in Australia from wherever in the world you might be. Contact us by telephone 1800 217 217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or click our CONTACT tab on our website to start the process.
What is the Divorce Process?
In Australia the Court does not consider fault when granting a divorce. This means that a court does not consider which partner was at fault in the marriage breakdown. The only ground for divorce process is the irretrievable breakdown of the relationship, demonstrated by 12 months of separation.
You can apply for a divorce in Australia if either you or your partner:
- Regard Australia as your home and intend to live in Australia indefinitely, or
- Are an Australian citizen by birth, descent or by grant of Australian citizenship, or
- Ordinarily live in Australia and have done so for 12 months immediately before filing for divorce.
There is some confusion regarding what being granted a divorce means. Many people believe that when applying for the divorce process they will obtain resolution of property and children’s matters at the same time. A divorce process is only the legal termination of a marriage. Further steps are required to finally resolve property and children’s matters.
DIVORCE PROCESS COST: FROM JUST $825 + GST
WHAT ARE YOUR LIFE GOALS?
To get on with life?
To agree on parenting responsibilities for the sake of my family and importantly our children?
To finalise the financial issues arising from my relationship and to invest to make my future financial position secure?
To finalise a settlement in the best interests of the children and in financial issues which will unable me to invest money for my future?
To minimise legal fees?
To stay healthy?
To reduce stress in my life?
To take a holiday?
To focus on my work and not the conflict in my relationship?
To avoid becoming bitter?
To regain “control” of my life?
To reach a satisfactory settlement of parenting and financial issues?